Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter All Year Round


The past week leading up to Easter I have been pondering the Savior's life. At Easter time each year we get to re-focus our minds on our Savior and on the knowledge that He lives! I started to think to myself, "Why are we only focusing on the resurrection of Jesus Christ once a year at Easter?"

It is similar to Christmas. We get all jazzed up about the birth of Christ for about 1 month. People turn to service, treat each other more kindly, and emulate the Savior more fully. But once Christmas is over everyone goes back to their daily lives. So it is with Easter. We get excited to think about our Savior and how He died for us and broke the bands of death with His resurrection. But once Easter is over, we return to selfish thoughts and forget to be grateful for His sacrifice and the gift of eternal life which He has prepared for us if we choose to receive Him into our hearts and minds.

My challenge to all of us is that we continue to ponder about our Savior's life, sacrifice, and resurrection. He lives! We must turn our hearts to Him and follow Him in word and deed. We must be examples to those around us of Christlike love. We need to study His attributes and make them our own. Something I find useful to keeping my mind on the Savior is reading "The Living Christ." Print your own copy from the church website and read it AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. It is a wonderful reminder of our loving Savior who sacrificed His life for each of us.

I know that Christ lives. I know that He is our Savior. I know that if we follow Him we will gain exaltation and eternal life. I anxiously await His return to the Earth so that I may see Him once again. He is our loving brother and is always there when we need Him. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I am ever grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who created such a wonderful plan for us to receive bodies and learn and grow here on the Earth. May we all stay on the path that leads to the presence of our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails