It is time to get back to recording my spiritual thoughts on this blog. I hope that some of these thoughts will touch those who are reading.
I have been struggling with finding true balance in my life. I feel as though I get things worked out and then something new comes along to throw me off again. I felt like I was managing well and then I received a new calling at church. I got really consumed and busy planning a fundraiser for our Young Women to go to camp this summer and I got way off track with my balance.
As today is fast Sunday for our ward I am fasting to become a better mother and wife with balanced priorities. I searched for talks to study while fasting and have been reading all morning about what I can do to bring balance back to my life, home, and family. Here are some of the words of council I have found:
First from Elder Ballard's talk found HERE -
1. Write down the tasks you would like to accomplish each day. Keep foremost in mind the sacred covenants you have made with the Lord as you write down your daily schedules.
2. Set short-term goals that you can reach. Pray for divine guidance in your goal setting.
3. Budget your finances. Control your needs and measure them carefully against your many wants in life. "In my judgment, we never will have balance in our lives unless our finances are securely under control."
4. ALWAYS pay a full tithe.
5. Stay close to your spouse, children, relatives, and friends. They will help you keep a balance in your life.
6. Study the scriptures.
7. We need to schedule time on our DAILY calendars for sufficient rest, exercise, and relaxation if we are to enjoy a healthy and balanced life. "Good physical appearance enhances our dignity and self-respect."
8. Hold Family Home Evening every week.
9. Pray often as individuals and as families.
10. "I believe that when we focus on a few basic objectives, we are more likely to be able to manage the many demands that life makes on us. Remember, too much of anything in life can throw us off-balance. At the same time, too little of the important things can do the same thing."
11. Live every day with joy in your heart and life can be wonderful.
Other fantastic talks I have been studying -
Elder Uchtdorf's "Of Things That Matter Most"
Elder Faust's "The Need for Balance in Our Lives"
Brent L. Top's "A Balanced Life"
I hope to achieve better balance in my life over the next few weeks. And then I hope to maintain that balance as long as I am able. Then when something new falls into my life I can rearrange and hopefully still keep the balance.
Any and all suggestions on how to keep balance in my life would be very welcome and greatly appreciated.