Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

God's message to me


The other night I was feeling particularly drowsy. I couldn't keep my eyes opened or my focus on anything. So to be short and quick, my husband flipped the scriptures open and read this:
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall areap also sparingly; and he which bsoweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

  7 Every man according as he apurposeth in his heart, so let him give; not bgrudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a ccheerful dgiver.
I imagine this type of scripture having a varied reaction depending on the receiver of the message. I don't imagine that what I got from the message is something that my husband might have gotten from it. And another interesting insight from this was that, this one short message stuck in my drowsy mind longer than when he reads an entire chapter to me and I am lying next to him mostly awake. (Usually I am participating in this, just not when I'm nursing my son.)

Anyway I believe that the scriptures are full of a lot of great principles that God has taught his children throughout history. Then he prompts us to open up our scriptures and read and often times we find something that is exactly what we need. The message is clear to us. Because God knows us, and how we will interpret what we are told, or what we read and he thus works with us. This has happened to me one other specific time that I can remember. It was a time of a great struggle in my life, and as I lay weeping in sorrow and in Satan's grasp the spirit whispered to me to open my scriptures. I obeyed and found a clear and precise set of instructions to get me out of my hole. It was amazing.

The scripture above wasn't meant to get me "out of a hole" again this time. This time there was a different purpose. To me it was more of a "keep up your good work" kind of feeling. You see, I sometimes feel like I'm a bit overbearing; at the same time I know that I can't help myself. It is just who I am.

Smile. God sees you. He loves who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails