Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Priesthood: A Beacon

On Sunday, we had the Gospel Principles lesson about {The Priesthood}. At one point, a sister related an analogy another member pointed out to her early in the week.

This sister has solar power nightlights outside along her driveway. These warn cars, and people, about the drop on the other side and act as a guide to the driveway. As she routinely replaced the batteries in these lights, the young man helping her noticed how these lights are similar to the Priesthood. He said the Priesthood acts as a shield and guide the Children of God. It protects us from potential dangers by guiding us to the right path. But, it only works when Priesthood holders are worthy to use it by staying worthy of the Holy Ghost--- 'recharging your spiritual batteries.'

To me, it seemed very timely. My brother reported to the MTC on Wednesday to prepare to preach the gospel to the people of Columbus, Ohio. He, along with every other missionary, acts as a beacon to those who are searching for the gospel. But, like the young man noted, the priesthood is a beacon to all. The Priesthood is the power of God on the earth through proper authority. Without it, we would be lost. We would miss the opportunity to make essential covenants with our Heavenly Father. We would not even have the earth on which we stand. It is by this power, and through worthy holders, that we have the chance to live eternally with our Heavenly Father.

I don't know about you, but I'm sure grateful for the Priesthood. :)

2 comments:

  1. Priesthood like driveway lights. Great analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this topic that we got to discuss in relief society! It has been amazing to have a father be there for me to give me blessings and guidance in times of need, or even when I didn't think I needed it. I'm glad I have a husband who can do the same for me now.

    I like the analogy as well. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails