Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Don't Quite Have It All Together?

This has been an incredible week. I have had a lot of learning, and have so many different topics I would like to share! But, I tend to be a little long winded, so I am going to post only one of the many, and leave my thoughts with it.

A while back I found a blog called Diapers and Divinity. A wonderfully inspired and insightful woman writes about being a mother, and how even the mundane things have a spiritual side to them. She always makes me happy and makes me think (She also hosts a General Conference Book Club every Monday, if you want to check that out).

Earlier this week Jeffrey and I were joking about who has the harder job; him as provider for our family, or me as the SAHM. In the midst of our banter I said something that actually had me thinking for a while after. I had said "As a woman I have far more demands than you. You just have to be a good provider, be there for me emotionally, and be a good dad for our kids. I have to keep a perfectly clean house, provide healthy yet tasty meals, magnify my calling, be crafty, be slender, be successful, always be happy, teach Keith to read before he is in Kindergarten... and so much more. I will trade you places any day."

And then I realized. We as women really do have too many demands to fulfill. Whether we place them upon ourselves (as I do) or we allow society to place them upon our shoulders, we are far too heavy laden with demands on our time and talents.

Simplify is the key here. But more than that, looking to the Savior. In Stephanie's post she wrote about a few examples in the NT where people go before Christ not quite having it all, but having their best. And it is enough. Go and read her post. It is worth it. It will make you feel good inside, and make you happy, I promise. She is wonderful and you wont regret it.

Hugs!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. You're totally right! That post was awesome and I don't regret going there to read it at all! In fact I feel even more empowered as a woman. I think as woman we feel like we should do everything we can. It is the greatest thing about us, we just want to be out there and make a difference. That is why our greatest fear is to feel like no matter how hard we try or what we do, that its never "good enough". That is how Satan wants us to feel. Also he wants us to feel like what we do doesn't make a difference. (Something I have often succumbed to)
    But like you and Stephanie said - our offering is acceptable to the Savior. We just need to allow ourselves to feel His love! AWESOME! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails