Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Lifesaver

We had the missionaries over for dinner recently. The Elder giving the thought of the night likened missionary work to lifesavers (the floating tubes not the candy). As members of the church we are already in the lifeboats and it's up to us to throw lifesavers out to others, to share with them the saving message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He also remind our family that, members, not missionaries, can throw lifesavers a lot closer to those we know because---well---we know them.

One way we throw lifesavers is through sharing our testimony of the gospel, which is what I want to do now:

I know this is the true and living church of Jesus Christ. I know Jesus is the Savior of all mankind---even you and I. I know he lived, still lives, and will come again. I know the church was restored through Joseph Smith and that he was a prophet of God. 190 years ago, he really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They spoke to him beginning the greatest time the earth has ever seen. I know the power of God is on the earth today through the priesthood and I know through that power the Book of Mormon was translated. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ; among other things it reminds us how much He really loves us. I know every prophet since Joseph were true men of God, inspired to lead the Lord's work to where it should go. I know Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today; he leads and guides the church as the Lord's mouthpiece. I know because I made sacred covenants with my Father in Heaven, if I stay worthy, I can live forever with Greg and our family---this has become the greatest motivator in my life. If I stay true to what I know, eternal happiness (which I've already felt a little bit of) awaits.

I'm so grateful to know for myself, the truthfulness of the gospel. It is my lifesaver, now all I need to do it toss it out and share it.

1 comment:

  1. Amber- you are fabulous! I hope we can get some of our neighbors to hear more about the gospel! It makes us all so happy to have it in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails