Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cheerfully

Thanks for the theme this week, Trish!

My favorite scripture (of the moment) is Doctrine & Covenants 123:17, which reads:
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
I love this scripture because it reminds us to be happy! Not only must we work hard and do our very best, but we must do it with a good attitude. This is so much easier said than done!

Life is stressful and trying at times, but if we can just hang in there and do our very best with a smile on our face-- we will be much better off. There is a quote by Mark Twain that I like that says:
"There is nothing in life that cannot be made worse by complaining."
We should not complain about all the duties and responsibilities we have, but live our lives cheerfully and with joy.

May you all have a joyful week!

1 comment:

  1. What an inspirational scripture! I love the Mark Twain quote too! I need to post that up on my wall where I will see it several times a day. Maybe I'll just print off your post here and read it every morning when I wake up...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails