Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Get Inspired!

Have you received your October Ensign yet? I always get excited when I get the Ensign in the mail. I'm not sure why I suddenly feel this way, since I didn't used to be so excited about it once upon a time. But now when I see it, I have to search it immediately upon arrival.

This month's edition is so exciting to me because it features an article about blogging! The main article is called "Finding and Sharing the Gospel Online". I strongly recommend that everyone read it and rejoice in how inspired it is. There is also a mini article features inside the larger article that is titled, "Be a Blogging Missionary". It has a lot of great suggestions as well.

What I love about sharing the gospel online like this is that it isn't scary for me to do. Anyone can read it and I don't need to confront anyone. It is a great way for me to share my feelings about belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. No one has to feel awkward or uncomfortable from misinterpreted cues that sometimes come from face to face interactions.

The gospel means a lot to me. I could not just get up and walk away from it. Sometimes people in the church let someone easily offend them and they use that as an excuse to not be active anymore. Unfortunately not all people (ward members) are 100% tactful, but that doesn't change the validity and truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes a part of our life isn't going how we imagined that it should and we may feel that God is to blame. Instead of taking the role of victim, we need to rise up and move forward with faith and courage. Inside we know that God has a special plan for each of us and we can trust in Him.

I want to encourage all members reading this to make a personal goal to be open with your feelings about the church. Either write it in a blog or mention it to friends and/or associates. Or do both! God loves you and all His children and wants them to know more about Him! I hope this post has been inspiring to you. If so, leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails