Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Turning weakness into strength

In order to assist my fellow blog authors in obtaining inspiration for this week, I have decided to dub this week "My Favorite Scripture Week". So choose a scripture you love, write it and tell everyone what is it that stands out to you and helps you.

Mine is Ether 12:27:
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.

I think there is more to this scripture than originally meets the eye. For example, it is not typical for people to think that God gives them weakness. Most people think that all good things come from God, and all bad things come from Satan (and they label weakness as bad). So this scripture can give us more understanding about that.

I like this scripture because to me it says God knows me so he gave me weakness. He wanted me to turn to him for help. He knew that if I had no weakness that I would not think about relying on him, and I wouldn't develop faith. What is funny is that I have weakness, yet sometimes I am convinced that I am all-amazing. Until I break out of this wave length of thought, I am stuck without His divine help in my life. I have to acknowledge His hand in my life always or I am alone and truly weak. I pray that I will always stay in a place where I will not be without His help.

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember this being your scripture!!! I thought it was so funny because you were such a strong person and yet you were always finding "weaknesses" to improve upon and I still see you doing it today. You are seriously one of the most dedicated people I know when it comes to self-improvement.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails