Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spiritual Nourishment

I did my visiting teaching today and one quote really stuck out to me and I felt prompted to share it with you wonderful ladies.
Spiritual nourishment is just as important as a balanced diet to keep us strong and healthy. We nourish ourselves spiritually by partaking of the sacrament weekly, reading the scriptures daily, praying daily in personal and family prayer, and performing temple work regularly. Our spiritual strengths are like batteries; they need to be charged and frequently recharged.

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
Living the gospel is not something we turn on and off. We need to remember the importance of taking care of our spiritual side; if we don't we will slowly become 'out of shape' spiritually. We need to take the time to take care of our spirit and Heavenly Father, through the Holy Ghost, will take care of us.

1 comment:

  1. Short and sweet, I love it! I've thought of that before, and glad to be reminded of it again. We should try to think of it that way, maybe then we wouldn't have ebbs and flows, right?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails