Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Ask

One of my favorite scriptures is Doctrine and Covenants 42:61:
"If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things---that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal."
This scripture struck me during a time when I was faced with a few life-altering decisions. The only thing He requires of us is to ask. When we ask, we shall receive; not we might receive, but shall. Even in those deepest darkest moments of our own personal agony, we are not alone. We only feel alone when we forget to ask for Him; we need to swallow our pride and get on own knees before the one who gave all. When we ask, He will give. It may not be exactly what we want to know, but it is what we need to know to have happiness and joy.

I hope this makes sense, but I wanted to remind us all--- The Lord is always there for us if we just ask. It brought me comfort then and brings me comfort now.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails