Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Week!!

Wasn't General Conference amazing? If you'd like to talk about your favorite talk/thought shared during conference this week, then please do so! It is fun to see what the brethren will be prompted to talk about each session and compare it with what is going on in the world these days. It is always something refreshing, even when the subject has already been spoken on.

I'm always a fan of Elder Bednar's talks because he is always so straight forward. You never have to wonder what he means or where he stands on an issue. His talks make my heart alive with joy! I love what he said about people who use fast and testimony meeting as their one opportunity to express love to their spouse and/or children. You know what he said about these people? They are hypocrites! I love his forthrightness.

Sometimes I have to have Nick translate or explain the talks to me because they are said in a way that I don't understand. I'm so glad Nick is good at picking up on the tricky to understand language of some of the apostles.

My dad was fortunate enough to be in the choir on Saturday afternoon. They didn't do any close ups of him but I got a shot on my phone. For some reason it isn't working to upload it onto the computer. So you'll just have to trust me. What a neat experience that would be to sing in the General conference choir!

From President Monson's talk, I want to share the following question he asked us:
"What have I done for someone today?"

Make this question a daily phrase and try to find amazing ways to answer it. Isn't it funny how making someone else's day makes your own day better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails