However, if I must mention one talk, I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf and President Eyring's talk about Love. They both mentioned how love is the motivating principle for us, as natural men (and women), to become like Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Along with this, I want to mention a couple other gems from President Eyring's talk (if you missed it, the LDS website said text will be available Thursday).
- Love of others is at the heart of our capacity to obey Him (meaning Christ)
- Any believing Latter-Day Saint is an optimist of the future
- Family is the ideal setting to learn how to Love as Christ
- No Empty Chairs: This means when we look at our family eternally, we should always remember our goal is to have no empty chairs at the celestial family table. We should use love for one another to encourage and lift each other to the goal of eternal happiness.
- Pray for the love to allow yourself to see the good of your companion
- Love is persistent
- Your quality of life will improve as you honor your parents (and I would also add in-laws)
- We can and must expect to become better as long as we live