Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Power of the Priesthood

This week has been brutal at work. I don't want to go into details, but some fellow co-workers did some things which hurt/affected me deeply. I really struggled with this, and all these pregnancy hormones didn't help either! I talked and talked to my husband about it. He, knowing me so well, listened and gave me some great advice. He helped me see this situation in a different way, and see my coworkers as human, capable of making mistakes. After hours of talking and crying, I finally started to feel better enough to go to sleep.

Before we went to bed, I asked T if he would give me a priesthood blessing before I left for school the next day. The following morning, I was feeling A LOT better. So good, in fact, I almost didn't wake him up. However, I also felt like I should show the Lord my obedience, even though I felt like I didn't need it. T gave me a really beautiful blessing, and he definitely said some things I NEEDED to hear before I walked out my door that morning.

It became clear I needed that blessing on this particular day because something equally frustrating and stressful happened. I feel like if T hadn't given me that blessing, I might have a.) quit on the spot, b.)had a total meltdown, c.)made a total fool of myself or d.) all of the above. Thanks to my husband's blessing, I was able to receive the comfort I truly needed.

I'm going to conclude with some words from President James E. Faust in the October 2004 issue of the Liahona.

"A priesthood blessing is sacred. It can be a holy and inspired statement of our wants and needs. If we are in tune spiritually, we can receive a confirming witness of the truth of the promised blessings. Priesthood blessings can help us in the small and great decisions of our lives. If, through our priesthood blessings, we could perceive [see] only a small part of the person God intends us to be, we would lose our fear and never doubt again."

Yet again, my testimony has been strengthened in the power of the priesthood, and how necessary I need it in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm curious about what happened, but it obviously isn't something that you'd want to rehash so I'll just understand. I have sure had a lot of strong reactions to things happening in my life too through my pregnancy. It will be nice once I feel normal again. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails