Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Little Coincidences

The other day I was out shopping and knew that it was supposed to rain that day. My last stop was Costco. As I parked my car, I noticed that the storm clouds were getting darker and heavier and it was looking like the storm was about to break free. I looked to the passenger seat where my trusty umbrella was sitting.

In my heart I said, "God won't let it rain on me until after I've done my shopping and am back in my car." So I left the umbrella in my car. I shopped dutifully and returned to my car, realizing that the rainstorm had not started yet. I packed all my groceries into my car, took the cart back and got into my car, preparing to head home.

I turned on the car and realized that the rainstorm had started. It was raining cats and dogs, as in a huge downpour! I reflected on how I had said in my heart that God wouldn't let it pour on me until I was done with my errands. Wow, I thought....faith must really work after all.

On the way home it was raining so hard that it was a bit of an obstruction to my vision. I had to slow my speed down so that I could see what was coming in front of me. I arrived home safely and back at my house it wasn't raining anymore. I put my things away and thought to myself, "God and his angels must be watching out for me."

I think that seeing God's hand in our lives is, a lot of times, what keeps it there. Proverbs 3:5-6 says:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."

I hope that I have inspired you today to think about the small things in your life where God has helped you out. I personally feel like angels are always watching over me. If not, then I think I might have had a horrific accident where I nearly died by now.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails