Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Book I have grown to Love

I opened up my Book of Mormon this morning for the first time in quite a while, and it always amazes me just how good it feels to open that book- how refreshing it feels to know you are about to read God's words, and that He may even speak to you personally in His own way through that book.
I am so thankful for all of the prophets who contributed their writings, and for Mormon's dedication in prayerfully compiling all of it for us, and choosing just the right stories out of so many years of writings.
I am thankful for Joseph Smith's dedication under so much of a refiner's fire to keep that book safe, and to translate it for us to read. It is amazing how much sacrifice went into that book that just sits around our house, so often unappreciated. That we have several copies lying around, untouched, after all the work that went into that very first publication. I have gained a love for that book so many times in my life when I have consistently read from it's pages, and that love and desire to open it up is always in the back of my mind. It is so comforting to have our Heavenly Father's complete gospel in front of us, and to find answers to whatever we are struggling with. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that it has come to us by the good will of God and humble men who were willing to do His will. And I am so thankful for all of those who sacrificed so I could have it on my nightstand, ready to open up the windows of heaven whenever I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails