Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

God is Awesome

Loving this new blog design! Whoever created it totally rocks!

Before I begin my post I wanted to check up on the goal I gave you all last week to do something nice for your spouse every day. I have to confess that I did not follow through this past week because I was in a different state than my husband for most of the week. Therefore I am going to set this goal for myself this week. How did you guys do? If any of you tried this, even for just one day, please leave a comment and tell me what you did for them and how it made your marriage better that day!

Now on to my post for the day. The lesson I taught today was about our Heavenly Father. I asked my class to help me make a list of the attributes of God. We came up with many wonderful things but there was one thing that was said that I absolutely loved. We have a lady in our ward that was just baptized about a month ago. She is the sweetest woman I have ever met and she has truly been an inspiration to me! Her comment on God's attributes today was "God is Awesome."

What a statement! God is awesome! He sure is! It is amazing to think of everything that he has given us, and continues to give us daily. God is in everything. He is constant, loving, merciful, just, forgiving, fatherly, and perfect! We can see Him in the beauties of nature! The goal this week: think of all the attributes of God and choose one that you would like to emulate more abundantly in your life! Remember that our ultimate goal is to become like God, therefore we must first understand His qualities if we want to learn to make them our own.

2 comments:

  1. I remember a seminary lesson where my teacher said that God is "great, wonderful, awesome" etc and we shouldn't use those words to describe things that are not really that terrific. Wow, that was a long time ago!

    Anyway I did try to get the house clean for Nick this week and make him a healthy dinner too on most nights. I'm not always succeeding with that; I'm still a work in progress. But I guess he still likes me so we're on the right track!

    Thanks for the blog compliments! It is kind of a fun new thing to do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing-- I tried (and failed some of the time) to automatically change a poopy diaper when I discovered it.

    Especially when there's two in diapers, some days I just wait for Greg to get home---I know I'm a bad mom... but last week, I tried really hard not to do that so Greg wouldn't have to change it.

    I'm also doing my best to put our house in order so we live in less chaotic fashion... that's a work in progress...

    Great job on the design, Trish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails